Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Just Keep Swimming...

Week 2 is almost over and I'm plugging along on my projects for GD and Illustration. They're all still pretty much in the sketch/thumbnail/general idea stage, but I'm feeling ok.

For GD I have to create book cover about one of my classmates. I'm doing mine on Erin and I interviewed her to get some sweet insight into her life. She's really into sports, so that's where I originally headed with my concept. The other day, though, she told me about how she was a model for Little Tikes when she was little and actually got onto one of the boxes. Her fame was short-lived, though. She was almost famous. So that's where I'm taking my concept now; I want to focus on her stint as a Little Tikes model. Gretchen is ok with it, but still wants me to come up with an alternative in case it doesn't work out. We have three concepts due in class tomorrow, so I'll post them when I get them finished.

For Illustration I've narrowed down my recipe to basically one main idea that Kara helped me come up with: Sci-Fi Salad. It's a fun little tongue-in-cheek recipe that should be fun to illustrate. I want to take inspiration from vintage sci-fi novels and tv shows—especially for type ideas. I showed some of my thumbnails to Doug today and he thinks the idea is good, but it needs something more to make the concept stronger. He wants me to work on it, but keep working on one or two other ideas as well just as backups. I'm going to play around with recipes for Parisian Crepes and Jewish Grandmother Chicken Soup. Salli Swindel and Nate Padavik (the siblings that started They Draw and Cook) are coming to our class on Monday to look at what we're working on. I need to bust my ass this weekend to have something good to show them.

No comments:

Post a Comment